Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Camp ...Week Three

This is week three, and I think I’ve done a pretty good job of keeping myself busy enough not to go crazy from withdrawal. However, I have been regularly checking the camp’s web site for clues to my daughter’s well being. Melissa and I have found about 20 pictures that we’ve marked for purchase at the end of camp. I guess everything’s a business.

I wrote about working my butt off with Dad, and that kept me pretty busy. Melissa and I spent last week in Santa Fe at a Bed & Breakfast called Adobe Abode. Adobe Abode is a great Bed & Breakfast that we discovered a couple of years ago and have been back several times. Andy and Bonnie, the owners, moved to Santa Fe from Dallas a few years ago to escape the rat race…what a great idea!!!

Adobe Abode is very comfortable, with wonderful breakfasts, and an easy walk to the plaza. You can walk to Canyon Road, but it’s a bit of a hike. If you’re ever going to be in Santa Fe and you need somewhere to stay, give Andy a call at Adobe Abode. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

For us this wasn’t really a “tourist” kind of trip. With the exception of the Santa Fe Opera, which we had already bought tickets for, we didn’t have anything that we just had to do. The Opera was The Barber of Seville, which turned out to be much more fun than I would have ever expected.

I don’t mind telling you that I was not very excited about going to the opera. I mean sitting for three hours listening to people sing in Italian is not my idea of fun. I was pleasantly surprised! Not only did each person have a little 3-inch by 6-inch monitor that translated everything into English, but there was also quite a bit of comedy…who would have guessed?

While we were busy doing and seeing all kinds of great sights, we found ourselves thinking a lot about what our little one was doing. We even went to the Santa Fe public library and signed up for some Internet time. Just to check in and see what, if anything, we had missed. (We’re goofy I know!)

Time alone with Melissa really fun, and much needed. But now we’re back and Melissa’s at work. I’ve got things to do too. Errands, house cleaning, a couple of small things to fix…that kind crap, but I’m afraid it isn’t going to be enough. Already I’ve seen the hints. Hints that daughter withdrawal is taking over.

If you pray, say one for me. I’ll be here in Dallas trying not to lose what’s left of my sanity.

It’s going to be a long 10 days.


Note:
Adobe Abode
Owner - Andy Duettra
505-983-3133

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed