Sunday, July 10, 2005

Shopping for Camp...still!!!

Yesterday, was our first official day as a childless couple, my wife and I spent most of they day (10:00am to 4:45pm) with my mother-in-law, shopping for purple stuff to send to our daughter at camp.

This camp has three groups, or Tribes as they call them, that each has its own color. Now, even though the girls do everything all mixed up, there are some good-spirited competitions between these three tribes. Not the least of which is an end of term war canoe race that the girls try out for and then train for the entire camp session.

Anyway, my daughter’s tribe color is purple. I didn’t think we were going to find all that much purple stuff, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, among others, have everything your little heart can imagine in purple. I actually found myself considering the purchase of a purple surge protector, but was talked out of it by my wife. I knew she didn’t have any use for a purple surge protector…but what a cool thing to have!

I must say that I was a bit shocked at how much FedEx charges to mail one 20x20x12 package to south Texas. I could understand spending over $50 if it was going to some place in China, but a six hour drive shouldn’t cost that much. At least I don’t have to take it myself.

I’m learning about this whole girl’s camp thing one day at a time.

2 comments:

Hope said...

There is no end to learning the girl stuff. Purple is one of my favourite colours.

Anonymous said...

I would SO love a purple surge protector!