Friday, July 08, 2005

Off to Camp...

Today begins a bold new mission into the unknown.

In about forty-five minutes, my wife and I will head to Inwood Village, a strip-shopping village here in Dallas, and put our little girl on a bus headed for camp in south Texas.

I say a new mission, because while I’ve sent her to camp for the last three summers, this is a whole new adventure for all of us. In the past she’s gone to Sky Ranch and only been gone for a week. Combine that with the fact that at Sky Ranch you take your child to camp and this becomes a whole new adventure.

I got up this morning excited, but a little apprehensive.

I mentioned that I cry easily…I wonder how well I’m going to hold up?

3 comments:

The Teller said...

Why do Daddys seem more upset than Mommys do when sending the kids off on an adventure? I've solved this problem by having our daughter pre-write several letters to Daddy and leave them with me before she departs for camp each Summer. "Dear Daddy, I hope you're holding up. Yes, I'm wearing sunscreen, bug spray, using ear drops, brushing my teeth, etc. Be strong, only 6 more days and I'll be home."

Do you have a snuggly to get you thru the worst of it?

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. You are a terrific writer. I stumbled across it researching Moss Haven Elementary. My wife and I are thinking of moving into that area and would like to ask you about Moss Haven (we have a 3 month old son). Is there an e-mail address where we can correspond?
I don't like putting my e-mail address on a web site because of the spam bots. If need be, I can set up a hotmail account where you can e-mail me.
Thanks, and good luck with camp!

Hugh said...

Future LH Resident,

We love Lake Highlands and Moss Haven. It was actually a big factor in us moving into the neighborhood, and I would be only too happy to discuss MHE with you.

I'm working on an email solution, but if you did the hotmail thing, it might be faster.

Hugh