Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Strange Thought Box

I found a box
Inside my head
Where strange thoughts lurk
Until they’re said

It is a dark
And dreary place
Most thoughts in here
I should erase

It’s not a place
I often go
Strange thoughts
Are hard to overthrow

But there are times
I must admit
That in this box
I like to sit

I wallow in
The day’s dark mood
And find strange peace
In solitude

These thoughts you see
They aren’t all bad
The truth be known
Some make me glad

For they can do
The hardest task
My darkest fears
Sometimes they mask

This box I have
It is not new
Inside your head
You’ll find one too

2 comments:

Peg said...

I can absolutely relate to that strange box!
What a poet your are!

Anonymous said...

Hugh,
Your poems are wonderful. Quirky, but insightful... with just a hint of "darkness". Please keep 'em comin'!
:) Val