Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Left Shoe

I woke up yesterday morning and wrote this poem. 
It just came out of my head, and that's all the explanation I have.


enjoy,
Hugh


My Left Shoe


I woke up this morning, like I usually do,
And there was no trace of my silly left shoe

I searched and I searched, for what felt like a year,
But my shoe’s AOL, then I let out a cheer

For you see, no left shoe is a wonderful thing,
My mind started soaring, my heart it did sing

If I’ve got no left shoe, then possibilities are endless,
Without a left shoe, I can never be friendless

With my thoughts marching on, I advanced to the door,
I walked with a limp, my left foot touching floor

But that didn’t stop me, I couldn’t slow down,
The floor might be cold, but my face wouldn’t frown

Left shoe revelations were popping up fast,
There was no sign of ending, I knew they would last

My left foot unclothed, made the world come alive,
To feel the world’s wonders, I just had to stride

With my new worldly view, about to explode,
My heart held a message, that I had to unload

I searched for a pulpit, or someplace to speak,
My fingers shook hard, my knees getting weak

And when my left foot found a place it could stand,
I looked down to find my left shoe in my hand.  



1 comment:

Real Live Preacher said...

I like this one a lot.