Monday, July 03, 2006

Waldemar...Round 2


I wrote here about sending my daughter to camp for a month last year. It was our first year to send her to camp for more than a week and we spent almost the entire month of June getting her ready for the big adventure. We had lists to make and remake. We had clothes and tons of other camp stuff to buy. That plus all the last minute preparations almost killed me.

So I think you can understand why I wasn’t particularly looking forward to June this year.

However, now that she’s a seasoned veteran, things couldn’t have gone smoother. I guess it’s knowing what to expect that makes all the difference. Combine that with the fact that many of the “last minute” things that seemed to pop up last year were things that we were able to simply pack away and pull out again this year and that makes for a much easier, much less frantic packing experience.

We put her on the bus this Friday and the waters are calm…so far.

I’ll let you know how things turn out.

No comments: