Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cruisin' For a Good Time

My wife’s side of the family is taking a cruise together on the Carnival ship Valor. You can check it out here. We’re going to the Easter Caribbean and stopping at St. Thomas, St. Martin and Nassau. I’m having a hard time keeping my mind on anything at home, so I guess it’s a good thing school is out.

There are 10 of us in all, and we do a lot of traveling together. There are some people who I can’t imagine spending that much time with, but the 10 of us get along well and just seem to always have a great time on these kind of excursions…knock on wood!

I’ve only been on one other cruise and it was about 5 years ago. These ships have several pools, gambling, shopping, all kinds of nightly shows, more food than you can imagine and much more. I’m looking forward to just laying in the sun, reading a book and having people bring me drinks.

For Melissa’s birthday her mother gave her a dolphin adventure package on one of our stops. So at one of the ports we’ll get to pet and swim with the dolphins. Melissa loves animals, especially dolphins and this has been a dream for many years.

There’s free email and internet access on the ship so I may even post something while I’m gone…but don’t count on it.

When I get back I’ll be tan, I’ll be rested and I’ll be ready to attack my list of honey-do’s.

Bon Voyage

8 comments:

Peg said...

Must be nice! Enjoy and have one of those drinks by the pool for me or maybe a few!

Hugh said...

Now there's a great idea!

I think, just to be nice, I should enjoy one drink for every friend I've ever had.

Thanks for the idea Peg.

Ginger said...

But your lesson plans and class dynamics will be on your mind the whole time, right? ;)

Hugh said...

Of course they are. How else do you think I write this whole thing off as a business expense?

I'm doing research for my "Creatures of the Sea" unit that I'm teaching next November.

Anonymous said...

Gordon said:

I was feeling a lot of compassion for you after reading the "taking summers off" post. Now I'm feeling....how shall I put this?

raw jealousy and the kind of resentment you can only muster for a close relative.

Hugh said...

Don't worry big brother...I'll enjoy a drink for you too.

Anonymous said...

We sailed on Sensation last December and we are sailing on Victory in December ..

The ships ae HUGE, and yes even you will be able to buy internet time and i think it was exciting to "Blog" my days on board since last cruise it rained most of the way out and back.

Eat, have fun, shop and enjoy. You deserve this. We did the dolphin excursion in Playa Del Carmen at Xel Ha resort and water park. very cool !

Have fun
Jeremy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.