Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TAKS Poem

I wrote this poem for the faculty at my school.  I hope you enjoy.




In the book of Revelation John tells of a beast
With 666 as its mark
Scholars know that this beast is quite evil
And that our last days will be dark
 
But for us there’s a beast with a much different tag
Yet it’s evil and vile all the same
A beast with a power so awesome
That at times I dare not speak its name
 
It could be I’m just superstitious
Or maybe I’m just being wise
But our beast has a name that’s both tempting and cruel
With a flavor that we all despise
 
Do not be confused by its cute outer shell
For it has several tricks up its sleeve
It will lure you in close…make you think that you’re safe
Then cause pain that you will not believe
 
So stand strong and cheer loud for our heroes!
Our last line of defense…yes they are
Wave your banner with pride don’t be bashful
Cuz these kids, they have really come far
 
And I find myself talking like Yoda
“Mind what you’ve learned…save you it can”
See our beast has an unfair advantage
For it was not created by man
 
Yes, our beast is a hideous demon
And in each of our hearts it strikes fear
But take ease in the words I am saying
It only comes round once a year.
 
HAPPY TAKS DAY!!!

No comments: