Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I'm Scratching my Head...

What would make a person decide that it’s socially acceptable to answer the door in their underwear?  

For me, and I’m not sure what this says about my upbringing, but I’m not in the habit of lounging around the house in my drawers.  The only times I can think of that I’ve only got on only underwear are the times when I’m in-between outfits, or getting ready to take a shower.  I have been known to sleep in my underwear, but I usually sleep in running shorts.  (I realize I’m bordering on too much information, but stick with me, I’ll get to the point soon!) 

However, even if I was hanging out in nothing but my skivvies, I wouldn’t answer the door without first putting on some pants, or throwing on a robe, or wrapping something around myself.  A blanket, a towel, a jacket, a trash bag...something!

So please explain why a parent would decided to not only come to the door, but also invite her child’s teacher into her house wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a pair of red, lace panties! 

Sure, there are times you’re caught off guard, but this is a person who was told, not five minutes before, that people were coming over! 

Sometimes all you can do is scratch your head and avert your eyes.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I experienced that same scenario a LOT!...the only difference is I was in High School and every time it happened I was asleep. You can thank distant husbands and shows like Desperate Housewives for experiences like that. Or, the third option would be simply your animal-like magnetism. (but candidly I'm leaning more toward #1 or #2)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decided to write about this. you make me laugh and I really miss teaching with you!