Saturday, June 07, 2008

New iMac

Yesterday, I went to Northpark Mall and got my first iMac…and so far it is amazing!   

There are things to learn.  Lots of things to learn!   However, I’m having a blast learning them.  

What really chaps my buns is the fact that my daughter is already a pro at most everything...just one more sign that I'm getting old!  But the jokes on her;  I'm going to have a whole month to play and get really good while she's at camp.  Then I'll be iMac'in rings around her!

I had a PC with 256MB processor a 100GB hard drive and a second hard drive with 80GB.  It had 2 CD’s, but only one could burn.  It did have a really nice 13-inch flat screen monitor.  However, with the limits placed on me by how outdated my computer was, I really couldn’t make the best of the monitor.  It was kind of like having $1000 worth of wheels on $50 car.  I don't care how nice the wheels are, that car just ain't gonna run smooth.  

When Gordon, that’s Real Live Preacher to you, built it for me a few years ago, it was at the top of its game.  If you actually know Gordon I’m sure you’re saying, “Gordon built something?  Like, used tools and put something together?  Do you mean Gordon Atkinson?”  

Well, you couldn’t be any more surprised than I was when he offered, but he did a good job and it has served me well for several years. 

My new iMac has a 2.66GHz processor, 320GB hard drive and a 20-inch widescreen display.  At first, I got a little bit dizzy.  I mean I wasn’t used to this kind of speed.  I didn’t even know that things could go this fast!   

So I’ve got the next two months off…at least from school.  I’ve got several at home projects that I’ve been putting off that I need to take care of.  However, the bulk of my summer will be me learning how to use my new iMac.  

I’ll keep you posted

No comments: