Thursday, May 22, 2008

8 Days Left

I’m glad that you’re back,
Cause I got stuff to say
Plant you buns in your seat,
And do not go away

Some things that I’m seeing,
Have got me concerned
I may just be a poet,
But there’s things I have learned

I spoke some about balance,
Way back last Monday
But some of us here,
Didn’t hear me that day

So please set a time limit,
And try hard to take heed
Then go home at that time,
Because rest’s what you need

I know what you’re thinking,
“Hugh, it’s different for me!”
But no balance means danger,
I hope you can see.

But that’s all about that,
I’ve said all that I will
I’m changing the subject,
So my tush you don’t kill

As far as TAKS goes,
I say, “Damn-it! We ROCK!”
And those students of ours,
Are smart like Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock is a Vulcan,
On original Star Trek
He had points on his ears,
And he’s smarter than heck

If you’re younger than 35,
You won’t have a clue
Just nod a smile sweetly,
Cause I’m almost all through

See what Spock had was logic,
To figure things out
He had zero emotions
And never did shout

Lauren, try to stay focused,
For I promise my friend
That I’m nearly all finished,
I’m almost to the end

For what I have to say,
Is this hear has been great!
You can hold your head high,
Cause our days left are eight


1 comment:

Big Mouse said...

Great read, thanks for sharing this