Monday, April 28, 2008

Dream Fence

I find it impossible, sometimes it seems,
To get my mind my out of the way of my dreams

See, sometimes my dreams, don’t make that much sense,
And around them my mind works to build up a fence

This fence’s true purpose, is not fully clear,
For I still see the dreams, and can stand pretty near

When I reach for a dream, that’s when things get strange,
And sometimes the fence starts to move...rearrange

And I get a small taste of what life could be,
If my dreams were set loose, could run wild, and be free

Then just when I think that a dream might come true,
It feels like a current has traveled right through

As my mind’s fence sends out a small dose of life’s charge
And I’m left with a feeling of fear that’s quite large

With a fence just an inch from my hand’s how I live,
Sometimes your own mind is quite hard to forgive



I'm not sure what this says about me...I mean, the first two lines popped into my head and I just started writing.

No comments: