Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!

I need some help…For an end of the year cheer, I’m rewriting the words of the Monkees TV show theme song.

“Hey, hey we’re the Monkees,
People say we monkey around…”

That one…

I realize that none of my students will have any idea what they’re singing, but it’s really more for the parents.

Anyway, what I would like to have is a copy of the music, (mp3 or whatever) with and without the words. That way I could let the class hear the real song, then give them the new words, but still be able to use the music to sing with.

We could do it A cappella, but having the music keeps us from singing it at double, or even triple the intended speed.

I’ve found the mp3 on the web, but I haven’t been able to find it without the words.

The link below is one site where you can download the mp3. If you, or anyone you know has the ability to somehow remove the voices from the song and send it back to me that would be great.

Just send it to: thirdgrademind@kinson.ws

A link is: http://www.mp3raid.com/search/mp3/monkees.html

Thanks, from my whole class…

No comments: