Sunday, December 10, 2006

Monty Python and the Holy...Ale???


So there I am walking through the Market Street grocery store in McKinney Texas, when I happen onto the beer isle. Deciding that I need a beer, I begin perusing the various brands available. That’s when my keen beer senses told me that this was no ordinary beer isle.

Oh sure, they had Bud, Coors and Miller. However, this store was the haven for every bizarre type of ale known to man. They had literally hundreds of different kinds of ale. I mean everything from Hobgoblin Ale to Pumpkin Spice Ale. It was truly extraordinary.

I’m at one end trying to decided between Hobgoblin Ale and something written in what I think was German, but had a really cool label when Melissa come walking up with a bottle of Monty Python’s Holy Grail Ale.

And the choice was made.

It only comes in pint bottles. A fact that has always seemed a bit odd to me, England being on the metric system and all. I got home, popped it open and enjoyed the whole pint.

If you like dark ale, I recommend giving Monty Python’s Holy Grail Ale a try.


Note:
Don't worry big brother, I’ve got one for you in the fridge and I’m brining it to Georgetown!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I have read of RLP enthusiasm for Monty Python, and in fact he indoctrinated either middle or youngest daughter to the MP just last year. Get him one to drink and also one to place with his copies of Monty Python movies.

gbs

Anonymous said...

ps. You never told us about the group Halloween costume....and you prommmmised!