Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Busy Summer



Am I sitting by the pool? Am I enjoying my time away from school with an ice-cold brew in my hand? Am I whiling away the hours doing absolutely nothing productive?

The answer to these questions is, “NO!”

But isn’t this supposed to be summer?

If so, what’s happening?

Between Disney World, driving to Colorado for a friend’s wedding, getting ready for a child’s birthday party, and packing that same child up for a month at camp…it hasn’t felt like much of a break.

While Disney World was extremely fun and the wedding was simply incredible, (check out the picture) I haven’t had the sit back and do nothing kind of summer that I always hope for.

But be strong and stay focused, for I may have the much-needed time away from any an all responsibility that my heart desires.

I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I know the feeling. Already, a quick trip down and back to Pensacola for a wedding, a weekend down and back camping trip with the grandsons and their father, a one-day tripper to see the one grandson in Lexington, and a whole bunch of run here-run there destinations for/with the wife. We leave next Friday for a week in St Pete with the whole family. It's fun; but little peace and quiet. On the other hand: it's life! and, at 65, I'm enjoying it as it comes and looking forward to another go with the Spec-Ed kids. Have a good one, my friend...