Monday, May 16, 2005

Food Talk

I learned a way to talk to food,
It’s quite a handy trick
I learn before I ever eat,
Which foods will make me sick

The other day my sandwich said,
On him I should not dine
I gave him to my brother,
He got sick, but I felt fine

It seems the different kinds of foods,
Don’t always get along
The veggies feel the fruits and nuts,
Have flavors that are wrong

The apples, peaches and the pears,
Are better, so they feel
Than ones like the banana,
Who have to lose their peel

And then there is the candy,
They’re despised by all the rest,
They think they’re high and mighty,
Just cause kids like them best

I’ve discovered that you cannot trust,
The different kinds the meat,
They’ll tell you something bad is safe,
And chuckle while you eat

The dairy products think they’re great,
The others don’t see how,
That people ever stand to eat,
What comes out of a cow

And then there are the beverages,
They fight the worst you know,
It seems they all compare themselves,
To one called H2O

I don’t know why they talk to me,
Sometimes my nerves they strain,
But conversation’s bound to come,
With every hunger pain



1 comment:

Michael said...

Cute

...now I'm hungry.


Take Care
Michael