Monday, January 10, 2005

I Teach Therefore I am

I Teach Therefore I Am
Is what the bumper sticker said
I hit the gas and caught
A stupid grin on vacant head

I punched it and sped on
Wondering, now what’s the world to do?
When people like that teach
No wonder children’s brains are goo

As I’d tell my friends of him
His glassy stare and gaze I’d mock
We’d laugh and then discuss
How education’s such a crock

It’s been maybe fifteen years now
Since I read that bumper sticker
Sometimes I think about that day
And then I shake my head and snicker

Life plays these little games
And then reality says “WHAM”
The truth, it hits me like a brick
I Teach Therefore I Am…

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nice poem teacher.

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

Is this new?? Why have I never read this one?? I like it.
-M

Anonymous said...

feel free to come on in and check it out anytime. :)