Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going Mac...

Technology wise, our home has gone through some pretty big changes. 

We used to be a home dominated by IBM.  We had Microsoft everything.  In a little more than a month we have totally switched over and are now running all Mac products.  (With the exception of my school notebook computer, which I can do nothing about.)  

It’s a whole new world.  

I had no idea technology could be so clear or user friendly.  

Not to mention the fact that I had to call in for some set up help with one of our new Mac products.  The details of which really don’t matter.   The first guy was unable to solve my problem, at which point he transferred me to his superior.  

The second guy was also unable to solve my problem, but vowed to do some research and get back to me in a day or two.  

Now, while I’m sometimes a bit overly trusting, I’m also not fresh out of school.  I’ve heard promises like this before and knew not to hold my breath.  However, this guy gave me his direct line phone number and told me to give him a call in a day or two if I hadn’t heard from him.  I was very impressed. 

To make a long story short, if that’s still possible, he solved the problem and everything’s back up and running like it should be.  

I think what I was most impressed with was the fact that this “Techie” could not only understand all the technical stuff, but he could also communicate with a non-techie.  This is not a common skill in the world of the truly computer literate.  

Like I said, my house is going Mac…

 

And once you go Mac, you never go back!



No comments: