Saturday, October 13, 2007

An Unusual Sight...at Least for Me

unusual
adjective
1. not usual or common or ordinary;
2. being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected;
3. not commonly encountered;

While I think all three of these definitions would make sense in the context of my situation yesterday, really the third definition is the one that makes the most sense…at least for me.

You see, yesterday my daughter brought home here first jr. high report card and she got all A’s. She even had a 100 average in not one, but two of her seven classes.

I think I’ve mentioned things before about my lack of success as a student, at least through my high school days. I mean I never saw all A’s until I was in graduate school. And I’m sorry if this ruffles your feathers, but getting a 4.0 in seminary just ain’t all that hard!

So my head is still spinning as I try to wrap my mind around this crazy new world.

Because all A's on a report card really is an unusual sight...at least for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bursting my bubble about the seminary grades! I thought I had suddenly gotten alot smarter in the summer between College and Seminary.

ouch! Back to reality.

Tracy W.

ps- I was cleaning a closet last week and came across the newspaper article about your accident and recovery. Not good memories, but a great outcome!

Hugh said...

It's hard to believe that accident was 17 years ago.

In so many ways it seems like only yesterday.

Well, except my hair is bit more gray!