Monday, January 02, 2006

Costco and Me

Our friends, Wanda and Derrick, gave us a membership to Costco for Christmas.

I’m quite sure Costco stores are everywhere, but just in case I’m mistaken, here’s the skinny: Costco is huge store that has everything from groceries and building supplies, to electronics and underwear. This place is HUGE!

I’ve never actually been to Costco, although the half hour drive to my mother-in-law’s house takes me dangerously close. Driving by, I have to stop myself from drooling as my mind longingly imagines the endless wonders hidden away inside the massive structure. My best guess is that it is somewhat akin to a Sam’s Club store, but according to our friends, it’s much better.

Anyway, you have to have a membership, and while I’ve wanted to get one for years now, it’s always been one of those things I want to do, but just haven’t gotten around to yet. (It seems I have quite a few things on this list!)

So now I’ve had my membership for one complete week and while I’m itching to go, for some unknown reason I haven’t yet.

However, rest assured that once I make my maiden voyage to this, the Disneyland of low cost shopping warehouses, I’ll not only save lots of money buying all kinds of stuff, but I’ll write all about it.

Until then…it’s Costco or bust!

1 comment:

Henry Reed said...

My favirute Costco purchase is a Costco hotdog, and you eget all the coke you can drink with it. Here's how to get the most from that deal: Buy your hotdog when you enter the store, you get a cup for coke. Fill yoru cup with your favorite drink... I recommend coke to go with the hot dog. Then, when you are through, fill your cup and put it in your basket and you can sip on the coke as you shop. Having the coke to sip will help you avoid buy food items you don't really need....