Saturday, October 15, 2005

Blog Spam

Recently I’ve been getting LOTS of blog spam. I don’t really see the purpose of blog spam, unless of course it’s someone’s desire to be a pain in my butt. If in fact someone does have that as their desire…then they have succeeded.

Anyway, since “blog spam” is evidently done automatically by a computer and the person responsible never actually logs onto my site (a fact which only adds insult to injury) I’ve had to activate a thing called “Word Verification.”

If you leave a comment it’s a simple word you type in box to verify that a person is actually leaving the comment. I’m quite sure some smart cookie will figure out a way to get the computers to bypass this step, yet still leave a comment. However, until that day arrives this Word Verification is what I’ve got.

Cross your fingers, and let’s see if this works.

4 comments:

mitsubachi said...

I hear ya buddy.
First post after a family friend had died, I'm bleeding my little heart out to the great unknown and I get a comment - one offer insights into the Oregon tree felling industry.
Boy was I mad.
I've just switched on word verification too. I'm hoping it will solve it.

Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

I have gotten a ton of it lately too. Really is a PITA.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was me.. not spam. :)

FISH

Anonymous said...

I am not a Spammer!! Said in my best Nixon voice.

Tracy