Saturday, February 19, 2005

I had to buy a Vacuum

When you have a dog that’s half part husky who sheds all year round, and a cat who seems to pull hair out in clumps, you need a good vacuum. Thanks to me and my, “Let’s see what this baby will pick up!” philosophy of vacuuming, our old vacuum lived a rather hard life.

After being used like a shop-vac for the last few years, our old vacuum wasn’t working very well. She was getting a little loose around the joints and we were beginning to find it harder and harder to actually get the floors clean.

My brother has been known to use his shop-vac to vacuum his house. I tried using mine and found that while it did do a really good job of cleaning the floors, it also more than doubled the amount of vacuuming time necessary to clean my entire house, as well as gave me back pains from all the stooping required to lug the canister around without tipping it over.

With purchases like this, I would usually just head to the store and get whatever looked the best in my price range. However, this time I went on-line and did some vacuum research. I found a site that rated hundreds of different vacuums and even had reviews written by owners.

This site proved to be quite useful, as I was able to eliminate several different brands and models before ever going to the store.

Then I found the Dyson Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum. The little boy inside of me who took apart everything he could get his hands on fell in love. I was quite sure that the Dyson Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum was designed and built with me in mind. I tried everything I could think of to justify spending over 500 dollars for a vacuum, but in the end the Dyson Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum was just nowhere near my budget.

I ended up getting a Bissell Cleanview Bagless and it’s a nice vacuum too. It has a built in hose with several attachments, a real long cord, and even a headlight. (although I don’t think I’ll be vacuuming much with the lights off) I’ve only used it once, but it works much better than our old vacuum.

So for now I’ve got a Bissell, but maybe someday I’ll get my Dyson.

I’ll keep you posted…

4 comments:

aola said...

I watch the Ellen Degeneres show religiously and she is always raving about the Dyson.

It's way outta my price range, too, though.

Anonymous said...

I too want a Dyson. And like you, can't justify the cost. But maybe someday...

With your cat and dog, you should get the purple one for animal hair. Robyn (www.bitchypoo.com) raves about hers.

Anonymous said...

your Blog Site and it is related to the keyword SLOT CAR just like my

Anonymous said...

feel free to come on in and check it out anytime. :)