Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coolest Gift Ever

Each December I get all kinds of gifts from the families of my students.  This year was no different…except that I quite possibly got the coolest thing ever. 

My students have picked up on the fact that I go to Starbucks most every morning.  As a result, several of them chipped in and purchased me a rather large Starbucks gift card.  

It was a very pleasant surprise! 

One very smart boy in my class also picked up on the fact that I am somewhat of a “Gadget Geek.”  If it’s an odd gadget (especially anything technology related) I am going to be extremely impressed with it.  

So anyway, this boy got me a Swiss Army Flash drive.  

That’s right I said Swiss Army! 

As you can see in the photo, but would probably have guessed anyway, it has the usual small knife, small nail file and small scissors.  In addition to these Swiss Army Knife regulars, the familiar red background shield with the white cross symbol is actually a push-switch for a flashlight and it has a pop out ball point pen to boot!  

However, the big news was the fold out 1 GB flash drive!  Very cool! 

I know what you’re thinking and it’s the first thing that popped into my head as well.  

Next time I’m lost in the jungle, I’ll be set! 

That’s right, not only will I be able see in the dark, and write notes in my tree-bark journal, but I’ll also be able to store all my important data, quickly and safely fold in my flash drive and still have time to get my knife ready to hunt or protect myself from any hostile predators. 

 

I am in heaven baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swiss army flash drive. How cool is that?!

Welcome again, btw, to High Calling Blogs.

Anonymous said...

Just curious - is this going to be the last blog you write? Ever? I've grown accustomed to your writing prowess yet have continued to be discouraged each time I hit the blog and see the Swiss Army picture. Writers block? More curiously, is the lack of volleyball games depleting your access to creative material?

Hmm.